A Louisiana Swamp Tour
A Louisiana Swamp Tour is hands down one thing you can’t miss while visiting New Orleans! If you haven’t noticed on my Instagram account (@oneworldstateofmind), it is obvious I am undeniably OBSESSED with Swampin’. From cruising on a slow-moving platoon boat, taking a ride on a fast and furious airboat, searching for gators, and listening to Cajun music; I JUST LOVE IT ALL. I can’t seem to get enough of it. It only took one swamp tour while in New Orleans to have me hooked. It didn’t take me long to go Swampin’ over and over again!
For an adrenaline filled experience, try an airboat to discover the swamp. Racing around to find the next gator will really get your heart pumping!
For a more relaxed and majestic experience, give a slow-moving platoon boat a try. My favorite swamp to visit is Manchac Swamp ran by Cajun Pride Tours. It is a privately owned swamp not disturbed by other loud airboats. It really allows for a unique and peaceful experience on a platoon boat.
Swamp Tour Tips:
- Favorite Tour Company: Cajun Pride Swamp Tours – Platoon Boats Only*
- Distance from New Orleans: 25 miles
- Length of tour: 1.5 hour swamp tour by boat
- Transportation: Available through company pick up from most hotels in New Orleans. You may also drive your own car.
- Uber/ Taxi not suggested, as they do not pick back up in this rural area.
- Cost: Tour + Transportation: Adult: $49 or prepay online: $44
- Tour without Transportation: Adult: $27 or prepay online: $22
Check out more of my favorite things to do in New Orleans from my Southern USA Road Trip